One of the biggest challenges for ADHD is energy managment. We need all the energy we can to work with our Executive Function and get almost anything done.
Here are 5 important things to know about energy management:
- Energy management is not just about physical energy: While physical energy is important, energy management also includes emotional, mental, and spiritual energy. It’s about managing your overall energy levels to achieve your goals and live a fulfilling life.
- It involves both conserving and generating energy: Energy management is not just about conserving your energy, but also about generating energy. This can include activities such as exercise, meditation, and spending time in nature, which can all help to boost your energy levels.
- Prioritization is key: To effectively manage your energy, you need to prioritize your tasks and activities. Focus on the most important tasks during your peak energy times, and delegate or postpone less important tasks for times when your energy is lower.
- Rest and recovery are essential: Rest and recovery are just as important as physical activity when it comes to energy management. Make sure to prioritize sleep, take regular breaks throughout the day, and schedule regular downtime to recharge.
- It’s a continuous process: Energy management is not a one-time event, but an ongoing process. It requires consistent effort and attention to ensure that you are able to maintain optimal energy levels over the long term.
Managing yourself isn’t a one-time process. Know yourself, trust taht it will change day over day and that is ok!
No responses yet