Perhaps you’re stuck at home for whatever reason, but that doesn’t mean your personal development has to be put on hold. There are plenty of ways to continue developing yourself without leaving home. There’s always a way if you’re committed and motivated.
In fact, you probably have more free time on your hands than you usually do. Now might be the best opportunity that you’ve had in a long time to take your development to the next level.
Consider these ideas:
1. Exercise. You can get all the exercise that most people require right at home.
Think of all the exercises that don’t require fancy equipment. Calisthenics, jumping rope, running, and playing basketball, just to name a few. You can ride your bike or do cartwheels in your front yard. Jog in place. Follow along with an exercise video on your computer or TV.
2. Read. You can still order real books and eBooks. Many of the local libraries still have a process in place for checking out books. There’s also plenty of content available online. You don’t have to leave your home to read.
3. Meditate. Meditation is the perfect personal development activity to do at home. Plus, it’s free. Meditation can reduce stress and help you to learn how to focus your attention at a higher level.
4. Learn online. The internet is full of free and pay courses. You can learn to draw, speak a language, play the piano, or how to do integral calculus. There’s a course for whatever it is you want to learn. What interests you?
5. Write. Develop your writing skills. Keep a journal. There are all sorts of ways to use writing to further develop yourself. Written communication is a valuable skill to master.
6. Find a mentor. Spend some of your time at home looking for the perfect mentor. You can reach nearly anyone from the comfort of your home via the internet.
A mentor can cut years off of your learning curve, no matter what it is you’re trying to learn. Your future mentor is probably bored right now and looking for a new project.
7. Create a positive habit. Now is a great time to develop a good habit. Consider how much you could accomplish over the next few years with just a couple of positive habits. The best thing about good habits is that they’re automatic once you have them established.
8. Drop a negative habit. Your bad habits have done a lot of damage over the years. Just eliminating one negative habit can change your life for the better. Habits can be challenging to change, but if you’re stuck at home, now is a good time to give it your best effort.
9. Discover your blind spots. There is something about yourself that you don’t know but would change your life if you did know.
It’s not easy to see your flaws, or to see how other people see you. This will take some real work, but you’ll be able to accomplish so much if you can figure out what it is you’re failing to recognize about yourself.
You’re probably stuck at home more than you’d like to be. You’re probably bored, too. Why not use the time you have available to work on your personal development? Being stuck at home doesn’t mean you cant make progress in your life.
It might be many years until you have such a good opportunity available again. Take advantage of this unique situation while you still can.